Monday 2 April 2018

The Little Brown Bag I Found at Primark


Hallooo! Hope everyone's having a good day. I'd like to introduce you to the little brown bag I found at Primark. Primark has been my night suit store since my college days in England and when I saw one in Innsbruck a couple of weeks ago, I thought one little pilgrimage is a must. As I rummaged through the pajamas for myself and the kids, my eyes wandered off and spotted this one! 

I had been on the hunt for a brown cross body bag for the summer and was almost decided on a really nice tan beauty from Tory Burch. BUT when I saw this, I found it to be perfect with it's gold metallic handles and the round shape. Pretty different from the usual, no? So what if it's from Primark?! It's smart, spacious for a cross body, extremely versatile and guess what - it just cost me €14! Mein to sastey mein choot gai. Aur haan, it's a very sasta, but mayaari, version of Meghan Markle's Chloe bag.

To show how this one can be carried in Spring with a variety of styles to serve different occasions/parts of the day, I have come up with 5 different looks. Here they are.

#1: The school pick-up look




Here, I've used the bag as a cross-body, paired with a blue pinstriped button down shirt, white jeans (folded at the hemline) and tan sandals. I pulled my hair back in a messy bun, used really tiny studs as earrings and wore nude lipstick. While I do like looking clean and well-dressed everyday when I step out for grocery and picking up my daughter, I want to keep things minimal. The brown bag is a great accessory for a casual daytime look yet big enough to accommodate some money, a lipstick and my sunglasses - the items I need when making a quick school trip. 

Shirt: Primark
Jeans: Mango
Sandals: Tory Burch

 #2: The school-meeting look



So excited to have made blush pink, pastel blue and brown work together. Paring a pink suede jacket with a blue sleeveless pinstriped shirt and off-white pants makes an ideal outfit for more formal occasions such as meeting a teacher or other parents at school. Alternatively, this look can be used for more professional purposes such as meeting a client over coffee. I chose to keep my hair straight, lips light pink and accessories minimal. Pointed suede pumps on the feet complete my look. I love how my little brown bag blends in with my outfit, which I am using without the sling here.

Outfit: Mango



#3: The out with the mums look





A white georgette top paired with a pair of brown & white checked pants is a classic look to sport for coffee evenings with the girls. The combination is a great blend between formal and casual. I've used gold chunky stud earrings, a gold arm cuff and brown & gold sandals as accessories. On the face, I've used chocolate brown lip colour with eye makeup in shades of brown (from the Naked 2 pallette). Of course, my little brown bag, which I am carrying on one shoulder this time, ties the whole look together perfectly. Hair up or down? Can't decide!

Top and pants: Zara (bought 3 years ago though)
Sandals: Tory Burch


#4: Out with the kids on a Saturday look





Since the husband is home on the weekend, I get more time to spend on myself. So here, my outfit is a little more elaborate than when I make school rounds. I have paired a lose-fit white top (better than a tee as it helps to hide the post baby paunch) with my new high-waisted mom jeans, cropped at the ankles. The pretty white embroidery matches well with the shirt! Plus, the jeans are trendy, comfortable and very summery. I have little pearl studs on the ears, pearl-studded loafers on the feet and my hair is pinned up from one side. A warm, pink lip colour and my lovely brown bag finish my look. 

Top: Mango
Jeans: Zebra
Shoes: SOMA

#5: Lunch date with the husband look

When he randomly calls on a weekday for a quick bite in the Old Town, the messy ponytail comes in as a saviour. We all have dirty hair days, don't we? Well, a suede mustard spring coat can be used as a good way to compensate for the shampoo I never used. Instead of going for a plain white tee under the coat, I have used a printed crop top with beige embossed details to keep things from looking boring. I picked my ripped, high-waisted dark blue denims, folded at the hemline, and white sneakers to embrace the rising temperature. And since the occasion is a little more special than a trip to the grocery store, I let my pearl studs take the day off and went for some chunky gold hoops instead. Put together with the outfit, my brown bag makes quite a statement. What say you?



Coat, top and jeans: Zara
Shoes: Puma


You can follow me on Instagram here.


1 comment:

  1. You look gorgeous in each style
    Impressive work
    Give tips how you look so smart ☺☺💕💕

    ReplyDelete